Wednesday 18 December 2013

Dealing With Brows

For the last few years brows have been big business, and I still meet many clients who say to me that they do absolutely nothing with them. The impact having a well groomed and defined brow makes is incredible . Just look at the images of Megan Fox below before and after , it speaks volumes .


believe it a begins with having them shaped by a professional, whether you like waxing, plucking , threading  or HD Brows , seeing a professional can make it so much easier in the long run as they will give you the grounds to build upon. I like to tint mine also as I am quite fair but dye my hair darker . 

I would always suggest going with your natural shape , don't expect Cara type brows if you have barely any hair . But a guide to help you know where to start and stop is pretty simple .

You want them to begin, if you can imagine a line leading from the side of the tip of your nose , leading through your inner eye and up.
The end should be,  if you start from the same point on your nose through the outer corner of your eye.
And the highest point or arch should be , again from the same starting point , through your pupil if looking straight ahead . Hope my diagram explains that better . 

A lot of people need to elongate their brows or missing the start of their brows , so to gain some of this back you need to fill them in. Personally I have good start and end but missing the tip of my arch so I spend more time on that. 

There are a few ways to go about this , my preferred methods are my Smashbox Brow Tech To Go (£19) in blonde which has a wind up pencil in one end and gel to tame any strays and secure them all in one product, and no need for a sharpener - I can never find one when I need it  . Or my HD Brows powder palette in Foxy (£19.96) with an angled brush , this has a few shades geared towards brunettes.   The key is to start with light strokes and build up, if you go in heavy handed you will end up with something that looks like it has been felt tipped on , which is not a good look . You still want them to look natural, just more defined and they really will frame your face, can make you look younger and lift the eye. 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Emma! I just found you through my topic on beautylish!
    You have a lovely blog so I am a new reader!
    Its amazing what brows can do to a face, Megan Fox is the perfect example. I have to be honest, when I was in my teens I completely ignored them and it was like an epiphany once I realised what they can add to my look. Your brows look picture perfect and the photos are really helpful!
    Hope we can keep in touch,
    Lots of love,
    Marianna
    x o x o
    http://mariannakhan.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete