Friday 20 December 2013

A Cautionary Tale - Eyelash Extensions

This post was intended to take you through my experience of eyelash extensions , their uses , how they can look and how much I love them etc however it has turned into a bit of a nightmare . By no fault of the technician at all , what follows is completely my fault I have to say , as she does an amazing job. But if you are similar type of person to me , that can't just leave something alone it might just make you think twice about having them done .  

Just under 2 weeks ago I had my appointment to get some eyelash extensions fitted , I had had them in the past a few years ago and they lasted a few days despite meaning to be a longer term option, so never thought anything of it other than a wee treat to myself . I also am qualified to fit them even though I haven't for probably 2 years now. This is due to putting all my beauty treatments aside to concentrate on makeup artistry. 
Once applied I absolutely loved them , I asked for fullness and a little length , not wanting them to look ridiculous. I got exactly what I wanted . Did nt need any mascara , even without makeup I looked like I could have left the house without being mortified if I had bumped into someone I know . 

After week 1 all was still well , I had lost the odd one here and there but still looking good and still very pleased . A few days later there was one lash that had started to niggle at me as it had went a little squint so I gave it a tug and pulled out several instead . Oopsie . I then had to take them all out as I had this small patch that was missing any extensions , and it was really irritating me  so I proceeded to put oil on my lashes as I knew this would weaken the bonds and remove the false lash. Numerous attempts of steaming and oil applications I lost a few but still pretty full lashes remained . After becoming increasingly impatient I started really rubbing and pulling at my lashes till I got every single one out. 

Needless to say I was left with sore eyes and practically no eyelashes left. Why O why did I not just make an appointment to have them removed I do not know , but once I had decided they had to come off it had to be done then and there .  And it's going to be a good 6 months of daily false eyelash application for me  before they grow back to hopefully what they were . 

again I to have to say it was nothing to do with the application , it is merely down to me and how I react to anything of the false nature , it's not the first time , and should know better . Nail extensions last a few days before I feel like my finger tips are throbbing and have to be removed , ruining my nails in the process due to me picking them off rather than using correct methods. Also had micro ring hair extensions fitted , I could nt even put my head on the pillow they hurt so much and a day later I sat with a pair of pliers and  had to remove them . 

So if your like me and a picker , biter , can't leave that little bit that's niggling you alone , please don't do what I did .



First Applied 


What is now left of my eyelashes , most of the ones on the closed eye shot are my bottom lashes sob, sob ( sorry picture quality is not the best ) 

No comments:

Post a Comment