Wednesday 15 January 2014

Seventeen Gel Colour Nail Varnish Review

Seventeen have been knocking out some great makeup recently , a particular favourite is the Phwoar paint concealer , so I always stop by the stand to have a look.
I was wanting a dark nail varnish , that's was nt black , or dark red and the colour Blue Lagoon caught my eye, somewhere between a royal and navy blue . It's in there gel polish range which I'm always dubious about but it was more the colour that appealed to me . 

I applied it as soon as I got home , it went on smoothly , 2 coats gave really good depth of colour and I liked the shape of the brush , it's quite stiff, flat and wide which I find really easy to paint with . 

It left a really glossy finish even without a topcoat which is why I suppose they called it a gel colour . The other  reason would be that it boasts an 8 day wear , this was not so much the case I had chips on several nails after a few hours , now I'm never the best with nail varnish it does chip a lot on me , but I would at least normally expect to get the day I paint them chip free.  I have tried it again a since and did the same . So a little disappointed I have to admit as I really like the colour . 

No comments:

Post a Comment