Wednesday 22 January 2014

Revlon Colorburst Lacquer and Matte Balms




As a lover of the stick form lip pencils I was excited to try the new Revlon Matte balms, the first drugstore brand to release something like this , with no doubt others will follow .

I picked up 3 shades in the lacquer and 3 matte balms in shades 
Laquer -Left to right - Demure, Coquette, Vivasious  
Matte -Left to right  - Audacious, Elusive ,Showy 

You have no idea how hard it was to get those names as they are so teeny tiny on the sticker. 

I absolutely love the matte balms , they give a great colour payoff , feel really comfortable to wear and easy to apply , only wished I had picked up all the shades . 

The Laquers , their high shine counterpart I'm  not so much of a fan of, firstly the lighter shades have glitter in them which I just don't like , as it wears I'm left with glitter travelling towards the sides of my lips , however the darker shade  is lovely and doesn't seem to have the same glitterfest. The other thing I don't like is the strong minty scent to them , it's really quite overpowering .

I will be going to purchase the remaining shade of the matte balms , and can't wait to try some of the darker shades. 

I purchased these from Boots costing £7.99 

 
Laquers

Matte

No comments:

Post a Comment