Sunday 5 January 2014

Favourite Products 2013

I know I am a bit late in the game with the best of posts , but been trying to set up my new camera (unsuccessfully I might add) and its so hard selecting just a few products. 2013 has been a busy year with trying so many different products and finding so many that I love to use. Some are ones I love personally for me , and a few are from my makeup kit that I love to use on my brides and models.

 
 
 


My favourite product to use on my hair is the Schwarrzkopf got2b beach Matt texturizing salt spray(£3.99)  that's a bit of a mouthful . But seeing as I have short hair I need something in it to give it a bIt of texture and volume . I'm not one for wax s to put on after , but I feel this before I blow dry just gives it that little bit if grit , texture and hold that I like.

 


The Diva session instant heat hod pod I got from Salon Services (40.99) , it's for heated rollers that you pop in one at a time and takes just 8 seconds to heat up. I use this for a vast majority of hair when I'm working in the studio making women up for their Boudoir photoshoots . It gives voluminous , big , sexy hair ideal for that situation . I also use it a lot on bridal hair for a soft curl . I like the quickness and size of it , making it really portable  for within my kit. You buy the pod separate to the rollers so you can customise how you want to use it . I'm sure there are 4 or 5 different sizes of rollers starting from pretty small to giant ones if your looking just for that bit of body and wave.

Nars Laguna bronzer (£26.00) is another of my go to products throughout the year , as you can see by hitting pan . That is something I very rarely do, I have usually gone on to the next product to try before even getting to that stage , so just shows how much I love it .  It's just a great all rounder for contour  and adding colour on most skin tones. Not completely Matt nor shimmery , goes on easily and blends well and not on the orange scale either . What's not to love?
 
 

Philip Kingsley Elasticizer is my hairs savior , I am constantly changing my hair colour and years of bleaching really takes its toll , and this is the only thing that really helps . You use it before shampooing , apply to damp hair and leave it for 10 minutes before washing. Now and again I will put it in and leave it in overnight with a bit of cling film / shower cap over, not attractive in the slightest.  However it keeps it in great condition . 

These are a recent purchase of mine but already in love the YSL Vernis Levres(£23.50) -  lipstick, stain and gloss in one. Really lovely to wear and the gloss stays on for hours . There is a big range of colours to choose from , ideal for my bridal clients that need something long lasting .

Avon supershock gel liner (varies in price every time I buy it ) is my favourite eyeliner pencil particularly when I am lining the waterline , it has a great creamy consistency and goes on like a dream , the colour stays put better than most too. 
 
 

I always knew this was an amazing product as I used it when I trained , I just never got round to purchasing it for some reason. I did this year and like the dinky little bottles I can get which is great for  travelling in my kit . Never really get my head round how something that looks like water can remove even the most stubborn makeup but it works. My only gripe is that there is nowhere I can just nip in and buy it , I have to order online . 
 

Mac eyeshadow s are my absoloute favourite, I have 3 of these palettes and have been a long time in the making . Such a huge variety of colours , with great pigment payoff, virtually no fallout which is my biggest bugbear . I also love that I an build my own custom palettes , I have a light , dark and brights .I use these on 99% of all clients 
 

What products have you been loving in 2013   Let me know ??
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment