Thursday 28 November 2013

No 7 Gel-look shine nail colour

Boots say 

" Spectacular colour and complete coverage in one stroke, with outstanding and durable gel- look shine " 


With so many nail polishes now boasting gel like qualities I thought I'd give it a go over my traditional nail polish choices . I am not one to commit to salon brand gel nails even though being trained in Shellac myself as I can't stand looking at the same nail colour for up to 2 weeks . I like to change colours and the fact that nail polish is so non committal I prefer to paint my nails every couple of days .

So I selected the shade galaxy , feeling a little festive it's a nice deep burgandy/purple with a bit of shimmer to it . 


I liked the brush and formula and was really easy to paint , it was comparable with higher end nail varnishes , getting a decent coverage with 1 coat and the on second coat a perfectly smooth and even coverage. Without top coat however I would nt say it was particularly gel - look shine .  It did dry very quickly which impressed me also properly touch dry within a few minutes . 



The longevity was no where near 'gel like' either , I had chips within a day and here are my nails after 2 .

Most nails have chips in the polish , and this is one of my biggest bug bears so it's immediately coming off . 
Overall I'm a little disappointed as I had high hopes after my initial application with it being so easy to apply , and looked great once top coat was applied . 


It's available in Boots at £7 

No comments:

Post a Comment